Where did it all start? (8)

Related image

Think back in that short/long term memory box of yours, and try to remember the book that kick started your infatuation with reading. Not when you first started reading or was told to for class points. It’ll probably be around the time of middle school possibly. For me it was “If I told you I loved you, then I’d have to kill you” girl academy spy series. I don’t know what it was about anĀ unrealistic cliche love story mixed in with spies, guns, and mad guys. When I found that series it was around the time I transferred to a different school than all my friends. And when your 1/206 middle schoolers who’s Latina and shy, it was hard to make friends, so I did the most cliche thing possible. Live and breathe my school library. I remember seeing the series with the “Uglies” series right next to. I grabbed the 1st book out of them both and digged right now. (Sounds almost like ice cream) TheĀ “If I told you I loved you, then I’d have to kill you” girl academy spy series is probably hands down a book I would suggest as a light read, something to pass the time. The “Uglies” series is something that I want my own children to read. A more compacted version of the series is that its about a girl who you watch travel through all of the highly segregated social classes. You watch her struggle with her morals and societies expectations; plus who to keep close to her as she is shown their true colors. Ever since that day I can remember going back to the library and getting the rest of the series. Indulging in the books that helped me pass time and make friends with people who enjoyed the same type of literature as me. After awhile of getting used to my new school I found Shakespeare. Keep in mind I was like 13. He was like a whole new level to me, so I tried finding literature that was more classic, or a literate level done from that and found Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I talk about Pride and Prejudice a lot it is a true part of me. 1800 classics was just a door opened to a whole new world. I immediately fell in love like Elizabeth did with Darcy no matter how much she tried to deny it. Only catch is I’m not hiding my love for literature. I hope from this, you take a moment to remember what kick started your reading passion and strive to make your literature book count grow. If you want comment bellow your kick started or one of your favorite bookies. Until next time lovies!

~BeingThatGirl

!Buenas noches! (Good night!)

1 Thought.

1. Hi again, BeThatGirl,
    I first became infatuated with reading when I was maybe nine or ten. My dad bought the PJO series for me and I started reading it, eventually fell in love with it, and was constantly waiting (very impatiently) for the next books. Thanks, Dad! My mom also got me to like Harry Potter, but my love for it was never as strong as my love for PJO.
    ~Angela
    http://hmsangela.edublogs.org/